There is a reason why Nutella Day is held in February. You know, January with all its resolutions. And when you hear Nutella, you’re either cringing or craving it. No Nutella for you for guessing where my loyalties lie. To celebrate World Nutella Day, I’ve put together a few of my favourite Nutella recipes and a delicious No-bake Nutella Cheesecake. But first, a solution for the empty Nutella jar. A Nutella hot chocolate party.
I wish I had come up with this extraordinary equation myself.
Scalding milk + depleted Nutella jar = Nutella Hot Chocolate. I know, right? Oh, and you could add a few marshmallows if you haven’t finished them up from a Fondue or an S’more session.
- Use the empty Nutella jar as a measure of how much milk is required.
- Pour this milk into a saucepan and boil till bubbles start appearing.
- Pour milk back into Nutella jar, secure the lid and give it a good shake.
- Keep shaking the jar in intervals till all Nutella blobs completely dissolves into the hot milk.
- If the milk has cooled down, pour the milk into a saucepan and heat it.
- Pour into your favourite mug and if you’d like, throw in a few marshmallows.
This hot chocolate is best served with solitude or cold cake and improptu friendly banter.
Now remember when I baked those Lemon Curd Almond slices? Well, that’s not the only dessert I made that day.
My cousin Riyaz sent me this flipboard on Nutella addiction and kindly requested to have every recipe in it to be recreated for him. Especially the cheesecake and he added it should be made for him *solely* and not to share with remaining 7 members of his family. Now out of my love for him and his health, I did not concede to the latter and decided to make the cheesecake as a second dessert. I wasn’t too keen on the recipe I read and decided to make a no-bake version.
Enter Nigella to the rescue. And knowing Nigella, there is an entire jar involved. Don’t you just love her? And now don’t you just love me for a solution for that empty jar? 😉
If you’ve left your cream cheese to soften before hand, you’re looking at popping the prepared cheesecake to set in the refrigerator in 15 minutes. That’s how easy this recipe is. I borrowed the idea of adding Almond into the slices biscuit base from this recipe where she adds toasted hazelnuts to grind along with the digestive biscuits. That’s about the only effort this recipe calls for.
Haven’t had your dose yet? Here a menu of my Nutella favourites:
Bread – A Snowflake Brioche! Showstopper no doubt. I think i’ll be making this very very soon.
Brownie – Nutella and Eggs. That is all.
Cake – My go to One Bowl Chocolate Cake with Nutella frosting
Cookie – Deep dish chocolate chip skillet cookie STUFFED with Nutella
As featured in Nigellisima
- 250 grams digestive biscuits
- 75 grams soft unsalted butter
- 1 x 400 grams jar Nutella (at room temperature)
- 100 grams chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 500 grams cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 60 grams icing sugar (sifted)
- Break the biscuits into the bowl of a processor, add the butter and a tablespoon of Nutella, and blitz until it starts to clump.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the hazelnuts and continue to pulse until you have a damp, sandy mixture.
- Tip into a 23cm/9inch round springform and press into the base either using your hands or the back of a spoon.
- Place in the fridge to chill.
- Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth and then add the remaining Nutella to the cream cheese mixture, and continue beating until combined.
- Take the springform out of the fridge and carefully smooth the Nutella mixture over the base.
- Scatter the remaining chopped hazelnuts on top to cover and place the tin in the fridge for at least four hours or overnight.
- Serve straight from the fridge for best results.
This is how I toasted my hazelnuts on stove,
- Toast the nuts on medium heat making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Gently toss around till you can see the skin crack.
- Using a clean kitchen towel, gather the toasted nuts and cover them completely.
- Firmly rub the cloth from the top to remove skins.
Happy Nutella day!
Have a good food day.
Happy Nutella day!
Have a good food day.